Soo this week is the only reason why i hate traveling... I travel to the airport every Monday morning, park in the same parking spot every single Monday, say hello to the same parking guy every single Monday, fly through security with my A List pass every single Monday morning and sit and enjoy my kindle and coffe EVERY SINGLE MONDAY before my one hour flight to Chicago..It is not stressful or unpredictable until ...Spring Break hits!!!
I swear every single family with kids who haven't flown or been in an airport in 10 years take a Monday morning flight!
So this Monday came along and when i got to the Parking Spot garage it was FULL! My guy was not there to give me my water and i had to walk forever to get to the packed bus! (Yes, im snotty, i travel every week) Then i FINALLY get onto the packed bus and everyone on the bus is a mom, dad or 5-8 year old going to Disney World in flipflops. It is 7am and I'm really not in the mood to sing along to some dumb song on the bus when everyone, except me of course, is going somewhere warm and exciting! (I'm going to cold Chicago) When we finally get to the airport it takes about 10 minutes to get these families off of the bus and i finally escape. I walk straight to my A-List line and it's almost as long as the regular line (which is about a 20 min wait!!) So i asked my buddy, the A List controller, and he said that everyone in this line was running behind and they needed to cut in line (Word to the wise - if you are traveling with bottles, formula, strollers that take 25 minutes to collapse or a human being under 30 lbs then come to the airport early!!)
So anyway, I wait in line and watch all these people painfully going through security check point with tied shoes and every liquid known to man in their bag. 45 minutes later I am at my gate! And of course we are already boarding.. so guess what... I am in the B line and end up sitting in a middle seat next to a talkative grandma (going to see her son and grandson in Chicago who love to play baseball, fishing and rock climbing - yes I now know their life story) and a 15 year old whose headphones have got to be on full blast and i can hear every single word of this rap song.
So now i know.. I will be working remote the month of March from now on! I hope my client understands :)
On a side note, yes i know i will be one of "those" families one day but i dont have to deal with it now and I just needed to vent. I am officially "that" business person who carries on, wears headphones at all times to avoid people talking to them, carrying my kindle and my coffee. If you see me, I don't want to make new friends. I love my friends and I'm really not chatty on airplanes and in the mood to "get to know one another when I'll never see you again". I have a routine and conversation is not in it, sorry!
So Happy freaking Spring Break all those happy people while i'm sitting at work! (Not that i'm bitter or anything)
Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment