Friday, June 18

Fathers Day

Since Sunday is Fathers Day I thought I would dedicate a post to one of the most important people in my life- my dad! I think this holiday was specifically created for dads like mine. When I was 9 I lost my mom to colon cancer so for the past 17 years my dad has raised my older brother and me. There are countless times and an overwhelming number of events in my life that I could honestly say that I just wouldn’t have survived without my dad. He is the perfect “Mr. Mom”. Even though it was hard growing up without a mom he made up for everything as a parent. We never missed out on anything and always had someone there for us. (I didn’t even miss out on girly movies or Lifetime shows, he loves those more than women do!) To this day I still call him a few times a week and I look up to him. I even went into the same profession as him… kind of scary.
Even though I give him a hard time (because he is the goofiest man alive) I would not trade him for anyone. So cheers to my dad, Mike, for being the best dad and Papa Mike. I love you.
Here’s some pictures over the years:

My family when we were little: (Sweet glasses dad!)

When I was in grade school:

Gamma Phi dad’s day:

OSU graduation:

Josh and I's wedding Shower:

The day of my wedding: (Yes, Mr. Mom hung out in the girls lounge all day)

His shirt said "Father of the Bride"

Papa Mike and my niece:

1 comment:

caraheck said...

your dad is the best!! happy fathers day mike!!