First off, for about 4 hours last week on Wednesday there was a great dane puppy for sale named Melmann Mead! (not really but man was he in the dog house - the BAD dog house that is). He's been such a good boy and we've been letting him stay in the basement (unfinished basement) and not cooped up in his crate. He's been fantastic! Well... that is until Wednesday. We left the house for lunch and were gone about 20 minutes. (Keep in mind he's stayed by himself for hours alone and didnt do anything!) We got a call from our house alarm system saying our house has gotten broken into. In pure panic we sped home to find Melmann hiding in his crate and the insulation next to the door and alarm wire pulled out of the wall! We have NO idea what got into him! All i can say is he is one lucky boy he is cute and we forgive quickly. Boy it was a mess. I guess we deserved it with a 90 pound 6 month old... so don't be fooled - no matter how good you're dog is - he is still a BABY! Believe it or not i didn't even get a picture of it, i was SO mad i just didn't even think about it! So here is he in his new spot (top of stairs):
Christmas Cookie Party
Due to my crazy work schedule in December I didn’t have one free weekend night to have our 3rd Annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Party so… we decided to have a few friends over to eat chili and make Christmas cookies. The simple nights with good friends are just the best! We had two couples over and we wore pajamas, made chili and grilled cheese sandwiches, and decorated Christmas cookies and cupcakes. Then we watched a movie. It was a great way to start our vacation on Sunday evening!
Getting ready for the decorating:
On Thursday we went to one of my best friends from colleges house to hang out with two of my favorites. Melmann got to come and hang out with her puppies too!
Christmas!
I don’t even know where to start with Christmas.. having a 3 ½ year old opening presents could not be more fun. She LOVED every single item and had about 50 presents to open. I know I’m biased, but my oh my, she is just so cute (my niece that is). My nephew is now old enough to be more active and I just can’t give him enough loving. (Could you when you see him in Santa hat!) I’ll let the pictures tell the story of how wonderful our Christmas was:
Christmas with Meads
On Christmas day we drove back to Missouri to spend time with my in laws. My mother is law is an incredible cook so we enjoyed yummy food and watched a movie. For our Christmas present my father in law made furniture for our living room. It’s beautiful! We love it. I’ll be sure and post pictures of our new living room when it’s completed.
After all the holiday excitement we spent an entire day on the couch catching up on shows/movies/etc. On day #2 we were ready to do something so we went to Nebraska Furntiure Mart (the best place in the world!) We ended up buying our entire bedroom furniture and a new couch for the living room! I swear when we are on vacation and in KC we decide to go shopping – for example:
July vacation – bought our new car
September vacation – adopted Melmann and put fence in
December vacation – bedroom furniture and couch
In our defense, we travel for work and don’t have a ton of time just to hang out. So yeah… I guess that’s why we work to play, right?!!?
So anyway, another HUGE part of my vacation is.. MacBook Air!

We are off to a night of – friends, drinks, cocktail dresses and suits, party bus, and a NYE party in downtown KC. I hope everyone had a wonderful 2010!
Happy New Years!!
No comments:
Post a Comment