Yep, that’s right our sweet little innocent Melmann is a crazy man! He LOVES to bite and chew everything in sight! If he were calm he just wouldn’t fit into the Mead home so I guess I should have suspected him to be the way he is!
This week I had to travel for work so Monday morning was just awful leaving him. Thankfully, the week went by super quick for me due to my busy schedule at work so I was happy about that. BUT for dad… it was a different story. Haha. Josh had a busy week at work in Kansas City so he’d get home at 6pm and want to relax, but Melmann had a different idea for the evening. Between potty training, feeding, and watching his every move our evenings are no longer relaxing with a snuggling cat.
Although, when you want to get mad at him you look at his floppy ears and his tilted head you just start laughing.
He’s just too cute! He is a snuggler: (at least every once in awhile!)

I also got some puppy bones. The vet said the rawhides are not good for dogs so he suggested the hard bones that can bend. These are perfect! (Of course he is already on the biggest size of bone):
I’m not saying these toys have stopped him from chewing but man has it helped!We are going to a vet appointment today for a checkup. It’s a free visit that the place gave us where we bought him. It’s just to make sure everything is going well. I’m anxious to see how much he weighs... we’ll see how true the “8 lbs” a week is!
On Sunday we are going to a pet training session. I found a guy in Olathe that does one-on-one training with the owners and pets. It’s just my husband and I with Melmann and the guy shows us how to make him listen and to show Melmann that we are the “leaders”. We aren’t supposed to bring treats, toys or any distractions so he can just focus on Melmann and him listening to us. We will see how well Melmann does on his first day of school!
Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and then we are just enjoying down time in KC. I’m sure Melmann will control the weekend… dog park, etc.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment