It’s been 5 days since we took Melmann to his doggy training class and he can now… sit, stay, shake and will sit and wait for you to give him a toy or food. It’s amazing! I’ve been home all week with him at night and repeated everything about 50 times a night so I’m sure that helped. He’s almost got potty training down as well, it’s great! What a relief that we can handle our own dog now. He used the "dog whisper" theory and now I am a true believer!
After his daily disclipline walks, this is usually his activities:
We went to the vet yesterday for his annual shots and he has gained 10 pounds in one week! He loves his breakfast and dinner. At 6 cups of food a day, he better be getting bigger! Our cat is another story though - poor guy realllly loves his food, he is 5-8 lbs overweight! He is now on a diet with special food (whoops). haha. The vet's exact words were "we need to lay off the groceries" while grabbing kroeg's belly. I always thought the saying "a fat cat is a happy cat" was true.. boy was i wrong!
Kroeger waiting for a tummy rub:
Tonight we are going to the Plaza Art Fair. This is one of my favorite things in Kansas City! They close the plaza streets off and have a ton of tents with art/food/beer/etc. It’s AMAZING! We are going with a few friends so it’s a great way to start off our weekend!
On Saturday we are having a mini bachelorette party in KC for my friend, Kristin. I can’t give away the secret of our plans in case she reads this! I’ll take lots of pics to post about it though!
Unfortunately surgery time as arrived… my surgery is on Wednesday morning at 8am. I guess I should take a lot of pictures this weekend before I look like crap for the next few months! Plus, surgery is better than losing my eye sight! Josh is staying home next week and the next to help me recover so that will be nice, plus I’m sure Melmann will keep me distracted most of the time. Josh’s mom is cooking us food for next week so Josh doesn’t have to cook and take care of me. I am excited about that – the menu includes homemade chicken pot pie, manicotti, and soup! Yum Yum... I’m sure I can squeeze a few trips to TCBY out of Josh too. (Thinking positive!) - White Chococolate Mouse yogurt with Reese's Pieces.. heavenly!
Hope everyone has a great FALL weekend!
1 comment:
Melmann is so cute!! Can we get a dog whisper?? our dogs are horrible! Will be saying lots of prayers for you on Wednesday! Good luck my friend!
Post a Comment