That’s right, I survived eye surgery. Slowly but surely I am getting back to normal. (Feeling better, not looking better yet!) The day of surgery and the day after were rough due to pain killers. I am allergic to codeine so I was on hydrocodone. Well it turns out that I’m allergic to that too! Rough two days with eye pain and throwing up everything I ate. But on Thursday afternoon I got some new pain killers and feeling dramatically better! I have the best friends and family though! I received three bouquets of flowers, many cards, calls, texts and my parents sent me a cookie bouquet! I felt so loved – thank you thank you! Plus, I have an incredible husband and mother in law who took care of me Wed-Fri, cooked food, took care of Melmann, etc. I don’t know what I would have done without them!
Pretty flowers:
Plus my sweet puppy slept with me during the day! (I know I'm looking hot..)
Even Kroeger came out and hung out with us. He's FINALLY getting use to his beastly brother being around.. and yes i know it doesn't look like his diet is working but i swear we are trying!
This weekend is Chuck and Kristin’s wedding on Friday! I’m really excited, I feel like we’ve been waiting for this day forever! I’m her personal attendant so I have lots to keep up with.. we don’t want a stressed bride! Speaking of Kristin.. we had her bachelorette party last weekend and it was a BLAST! We started at The Cellar Rat and did a wine tasting/cheese tasting for two hours. It was amazing. Then we went to La Bodega, which is the BEST restaunant in KC! It’s a tapa restaurant with the best Sangria! We had such a great time, by far the best girls night in a really long time! Needless to say we needed sober rides home so our husbands came and picked us up and took us to Joes Pizza in Westport. It was so much fun that us girls have decided this will be a monthly affair!
Cellar Rat for wine tasting/cheese pairing:
Pear Martinis at The Drop:
Pizza at Joes: (why is pizza so yummy when you've been drinking!)
Well that’s all I can stand with a computer screen, sunlight and computer screens are my enemy right now and I’ve been working on my computer all day! Time to eat chili I made and go on a walk with hubby.. I LOVE being home!
Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment