Sunday, January 23

Lovin KC

The phrase "time flies when you're having fun" couldn't be more true about weekends. How can it already be Sunday evening?! This weekend was packed but a lot of fun! On Friday night we went to dinner with our friends, Lucas and Amanda. We ate at a Brazilian steak house and it was fantastic... we shared a few small plates and a couple glasses of Riesling and cheesy bread balls (highlight of the menu for me)
And of course we got a dessert.. Lately I've been on a kick to try restaurant desserts. I'd much rather have half my meal and a full (or two) desserts :) 
After dinner Lucas talked us into going to the casino for a few hours. Amanda and I sat at the bar and listened to a live band play while the boys played cards. I honestly think it's a little silly to waste money but i guess if you don't go often then it's ok.. plus Josh walked out with $100 so I'm not complaining/judging! :)

On Saturday we started the day off at Cellar Rat for wine tasting with four of our friends. They give you 12 bottles of wine to taste. Sounds like a lot but it's really only about a full glass of wine all said and done. Then we went to Nara for dinner. It's an awesome sushi place in Downtown Kansas City. If you haven't been and like sushi.. you've got to try it! 

After dinner we went to the Ozzy Osbourne concert (yes, i survived!) A few months ago our friends asked to go and we just agreed.. i definitely didn't think that decision through. I heard concert and just said ok! It was the "prince of darkness" and to be quite honest i was a little afraid of what i was getting into. But i can definitely say now that it was a good time. he is one OLD man! He was jumping around and screaming "You're not f***ing loud enough" and "Stand the F*** up" and had a water/soap gun he was shooting all over the place. it was hilarious. I'm actually glad i went and it was pretty cool to see Ozzy in person. 

Slash the starting band..
 Ozzy with his wet/soapy hair 
(he sprayed himself as much as the audience.. thank god for our seats NOT on the floor!)
 Concert time!
 The Rockers:

One problem i do have is parents bringing their young kids to these concerts! I know I'm not a parent but I'm pretty sure no 6 year old needs to be listening to that type of music and those words (Ozzy's vocabulary is awful!) Maybe that makes me a "mom" or an old person but geeez, those parents need to wake up! If your child likes power rangers than they should not be watching Ozzy Osbourne perform.. ok i'm done. (PS - i'm not up to speed on kids, i'm sure power rangers was so 10 years ago). 

Melmann had too much fun with his teddy:


Hope everyone has a great week. I'm off the Chicago again this week..although my weeks are coming to an end soon. Only about a month left of traveling full time. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.. well except spend the evenings with my husband and zoo and happy hours with my KC girls! Hooray :)

No comments: