Tuesday, May 29

Time Flies!

The past few weeks have been crazy but so great. Addison is on a great schedule and sleeping 8-9 hours at night and loves her nap time. I can officially say our "schedule" is working out..for the entire family :) I just got done reading "Becoming BabyWise" and it's been the best book. My cousin recommended the book and I couldn't be more pleased with this type of schedule with Addison. 


Last Wednesday we took Addison for a trial day at her daycare. (I go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks!). I dropped her off and felt a little uneasy but figured it was just me being a "first time mommy". When I picked her up a few hours later she had only eaten 1 oz (she should have eaten 10 0z be then!) and hadn't slept. When I walked in she was fussing on the ground by herself. :( The class was huge with 5 teachers and 4 kids to each teacher and Addison was definitely the youngest. All the attention was on the toddlers and I just couldn't do it. I know not all big daycares are like this but I just decided it wasn't for our family. 

SO... that began the frantic search for a reliable, trusting, clean, nice, scheduled in home daycare. I spent THREE full days on the phone with babysitters, references, background checks, etc. After multiple interviews we finally found one for us! It's just perfect. She'll start when I go back to work. It's two ladies who do the daycare in one of the ladies home. They've been doing in home daycare since 2000 and I have three friends who had their children go. I was so happy they had an opening for Addison! Plus, it's $100 less a week than big daycare! So overall, it was just perfect for us. 

I really never thought I'd be "that" mom but I am. I couldn't sleep at night worrying about it and I wasn't giving up! Thankfully now, I can sleep :)

Other than that, we spent the long weekend relaxing at home. Addison is starting to "talk" cooing and blowing bubbles. She will have an entire conversation with me cooing and raising her eyebrows/smiling. She's such a ham. I love it! 

Here's a few recent pictures of lil miss: 


 I'm a drooler! 
 Daddy is so funny! 
 Tummy time! 
 Check out that bird!! 
 Go Cowboys! Momma's girl :)

Sleeping beauty. We usually sleep in our crib but nap nanny is just so comfy too! 

It's crazy how fast time flies these days. We do nothing all day and the day is over! We are trying to enjoy every second of it. We are headed to Ohio in a few days to spend time with Josh's family. Addison gets to meet aunts, uncles, cousins and Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma! We are super excited! 

No comments: