Happy 2 Months to our girl!
She now weighs 12 lbs,12 oz and is 23 inches long. That's 96 percentile in weight and 75 percentile in height! She's a growing healthy girl :) We were laughing because this girl has rolls where there's no joints - like her forearm! hehe. I love it. The pediatrician said she's perfect and just nice and plump because she loves milk, which is good! ( I tried to get the smile out but of course she'd only smile when the camera was down!)
She also slept through the night (10 hours!!). I got a full 8 hours of sleep; i feel like a new woman! We have started our sleep schedule and Addison is adjusting well. She has a bedtime at 730pm after a bath. We've done this the past few nights and it's worked out great. She is sleeping great during the day too so it's been an awesome schedule so far. I highly recommend the book I read that got me on this schedule. It has been a life saver for me. Up until this week I think my daughter was "overtired". It says typically babies aren't awake for more than 2 hours at a time... well Miss Addison would be awake more like 3-4 hours during the day. I just wasn't catching her tired signs. Thankfully I've learned now and she's getting adequate sleep! (Obviously I was an amateur at this whole mom thing!) It's crazy to think how good of baby Addison has been with me not letting her take appropriate naps! You wouldn't even know, she is barely ever fussy.
Good thing is, the book says a schedule doesn't start until 8 weeks, so I started reading just in time. I know there will be ups and downs with sleeping but I'm just glad I know more now!
The book is called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. It was recommended by friends who have three kiddos and swear by it. My pediatrician said it was a great book too.
One of the recommendations is at 8 weeks to move the baby to their crib and all naps and nighttime sleep is in the crib. (Glad I spent money on a nap nanny a few weeks ago... oh well, I'm sure baby #2 will use it the first few weeks). (Don't get any ideas - baby #2 is in the far future!). Anyway, since she is sleeping so much in her crib and let's face it - i'm a paranoid mommy, i bought this cool new monitor!
We have a video monitor so I can see her in her crib but this one is for movement. It helps prevention of SIDS and helps me sleep at night (which is why my husband had no problem buying!). I have no idea why I'm so worried about it but it scares me every night with her rolling over and not being able to breath. It's a pad that goes under her mattress and has a small monitor for your room. It catches all movement, including breathing. If there's no movement for 15 seconds the monitor/alarm will go off. The brand is "AngelCare". I got it on Amazon and it was $60. (The picture shows both monitors but I only got the triangle one - which is the movement one. We already had a video monitor).
I still think a pediatric nurse needs to live with every new mom for the first two weeks... but that's just my opinion. Coming home with this precious baby is the scariest, best thing ever! :)
Her shirt says "I'm kind of a big deal around here"... if you read my blog you already know that!
Happy hump day!



1 comment:
This book has been our lifeline for our babydolls! Best of luck!!
Post a Comment